These ‘snowballs’ or ‘ice balls’ are a fun quick activity that you can do with your children at home to make some very striking coloured globes that would contrast great against some white snow background- especially if we get a white Christmas.
All you need to create these ice balls are some balloons, coloured food dye and a freezer.
- Firstly get some balloons, it doesn’t matter what colour they are as once the balls are created you cut off and remove the balloons.
- Get different coloured food dyes and squeeze them inside the balloons
- Rub the outer skin of the balloons so that you move the dye around
- Next, turn the tap on and carefully fill the balloons up with water
- Once the balloons are full then tie the ends
- Keep the balloons in the freezer overnight
- Remove the balloons from them freezer and cut the bit where you have tied them
- Peel off the balloon skin and the activity is complete- some beautifully bright ice balls will be created