If your child is experiencing any of the following, we are here to help:
- falling asleep
- staying asleep
- anxiety relating to sleep
- inability to wind down
How we can support you
Specialist sleep service
Our specialist sleep service will help you better understand and manage your child’s sleeping problems. We will work collaboratively with you and your child to help introduce better sleep patterns into their routines by developing Sleep Plans and offering guidance and support as needed through prescribed or bespoke sleep packages. We understand the issues and will always review the evidence for the efficacy of any of the sleep management options we present. We are constantly reviewing the research into safe sleep practices.
Please note, this service is only available to parents of a child aged 2-17 with is registered or registerable as blind or partially sighted.
Sleep support workshops
We will be hosting online workshops throughout the year, these sessions will be aimed at parents of children and young people up to the age of 17 who are registered as blind of partially sighted. If you would like to register your interest in one of these sessions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What does the service offer?
- We offer 1-1 individualised sleep support plans – we work flexibly with families to identify the child/young person’s needs
- We provide up to 8 sessions and always provide emotional support if required
- Sessions are conducted online by a fully trained Sleep Practitioner
- Sensory awareness support is provided and suggestions for practical ideas/environment to use at home is available if required.
- Teenage Workshops provide sessions for teenagers with sight loss and their parents/carers. These are accompanied by follow-up sessions to reinforce understanding and ensure impactful learning.
How do I access the service?
As a parent of a child with sight loss, if you feel you would benefit from talking with VICTA’s sleep practitioner, please complete the consultation form which will enable us to get a better sense of the nature of your child’s sleeping problems. Please offer as much information as you can, as this will help us decide whether we are in a position to help you.