If the LA agrees to your request for an EHC Needs Assessment, the assessment process will commence, with various agencies being approached and becoming involved.

If the LA refuses to carry out an assessment, this should be communicated in writing and the letter should also state that you have the right to appeal against this decision; to the SEN Tribunal.  The letter should also contain details of a mediation service for you to contact if you so wish.

The Tribunal has the power to decide that an EHC Needs Assessment takes place.