Parents/Carers of a child or YP with an EHCP have the right to ask for the following types of schools to be named in the Plan (Section I):

  • A maintained school or nursery (mainstream or special)
  • An academy
  • An FE placement
  • Non-maintained special school
  • A s.41 placement i.e. independent special schools which have ‘opted in’ to be able to be requested by parents