Time to celebrate! Share the achievements of yourself and others to win a £50 voucher of your choice.
We are looking to feature even more writers, whose voices, thoughts, and ideas will become an integral part of the website. We will feature chosen contributions on the website and a winning entry will be chosen to win a £50 e-voucher for a shop of your choice.
December’s theme – Celebrations!
Submission deadline: (New extended deadline) 30 November 2023
It’s the time of year to spread good cheer. Do you have an achievement you’d love to share? Did you discover an organisation or activity that deserves some recognition and you feel others would benefit from? We want to round off 2023 with some real feel good stories to tie in with the high festive spirits. There is so much good happening within the vision impaired community we want to light up the VICTA Parent Portal with tinsle-tastic, celebratory, heart warming stories!
The competition is open to young people and adults with a vision impairment aged 16+ and parents of a vision impaired child. You can write a story, share a photo story, record a video or make an audio recording. Be as creative as you like.
Your voice could be an asset to others, and we are keen to offer you an established platform on which to express yourself.
How to enter
We have set some challenge topics for you to write about, you can enter as many as you like and be as creative as you like.
- To enter you need to be over the age of 16 and either a young adult with a vision impairment or a parent of a vision impaired child.
- Entrants must be permanent residents of the United Kingdom.
- One winner will be chosen for our ‘Celebrations’ category. The winner will be awarded a £50 e-voucher from a store of their choice (deemed reasonable by VICTA).
- Winners will be chosen by VICTA staff members.
- All submissions will be published on the Parent Portal website and any affiliated social media accounts.
- You can submit written, audio or filmed content.
- Closing date for entries is 30 November 2023.
To enter please send your entry and any accompanying media by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our team will be on hand throughout the process to offer guidance and advice, this competition is challenging but we also want you to enjoy yourselves while taking part. At any stage in the process, you can contact email@example.com for assistance.
If you need a little help in the inspiration department, please visit the ‘stories’ section of the website, there’s lots of content from both parents and young people to get your creative juices flowing: visit your stories >
Best of luck,